Wednesday, May 12, 2010

April 28, 2010 Braces and expander on

I have been wanting braces forever, but they always said I needed SARPE surgery so I always backed out. I figured I am not getting any younger, just turned 33 last month, so I am going for it. I had spacers put in a few weeks ago and they really hurt and eating was not fun!! I went to see the OS and he surprised me by saying I would be having SARPE surgery in a week, so not much time to prepare. I have a crossbite, small open bite, and a very small and high palate. So the week went by fast and now I am getting braces and my expander put in the night before surgery. At least it all happens at once. Not too bad except I can't talk and feel really stupid being an adult with braces while sitting in between a 12 and 16 year old.
I got home and decided to eat, turns out I am only eating potatoes the night before surgery. I am really nervous. I worry that I wont wake up from the anesthesia.... I know... silly, but a real concern. My family does not understand why I would go through all this trouble and pain for straight teeth. I have Lupus/ Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder (MCTD) so they worry this will exacerbate it. They all say I look fine and that my husband loves me just the way I am. They do not understand that this is something I have always wanted and could not afford. Now it is my time to do something for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment